The Crossing currently has ONE open position! Check it out below
The Crossing provides a positive and healthy work environment, with a supportive staff and Board of Directors. All qualified candidates will be considered without discriminating for sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, immigration status, physical or mental abilities, political persuasion, religious affiliation or lack thereof.
The Crossing, an ecumenical campus ministry for the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the larger Madison area, seeks an experienced and enthusiastic leader to serve as Executive Director, working with the Campus Minister and other staff, beginning January 2018. Compensation is competitive and negotiable.
Requirements for the position:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree; Master of Divinity or equivalent graduate degree preferred
- Respect for the practices, traditions, theology, and structure of The Crossing Campus Ministry
- Minimum of two (2) years of previous experience in an administrative leadership capacity
- Campus ministry experience desired, but not required; ordination is not required for this position
- Experience in personnel management, project/program management, fundraising and development, and financial management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to interact effectively with students, staff, board members, donors, churches and denominations, the UW community, and the larger Madison community
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Social media proficiency with Facebook, Twitter
To apply for this position, please provide:
1. A resume indicating past work experience.
2. A brief explanation (3–4 paragraphs) of your interest in working with The Crossing and your goals as the Executive Director.
3. A brief statement describing your calling to Christian service.
4. Three (3) references of persons you have worked with, along with the name and address of the organization, telephone number and email address (if available) for each person. At least one of these individuals must be a current and/or former manager or supervisor.
Submit resume and other application materials by July 25, 2017, to Barbara Dick (email@example.com), president, The Crossing Board of Directors.
The Crossing celebrates and affirms students of every identity as they explore their spirituality in a constantly changing world. The Crossing is supported by the American Baptist, United Methodist, and United Church of Christ traditions, and welcomes students of diverse spiritual, religious, and non-religious backgrounds.