The Crossing currently has TWO open positions! Check them out below
- Worship Music Leader
- Interim Executive Director
The Crossing provides a positive and healthy work environment, with a supportive staff and Board of Directors. All qualified candidates will be considered without discriminating for sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, immigration status, physical or mental abilities, political persuasion, religious affiliation or lack thereof.
Worship Music Leader
The position of Worship Music Leader is responsible for planning and performing music for the weekly Vespers worship service of The Crossing. This position offers an opportunity to a student musician who intends to or is actively developing their music experience and leadership skills in a Christian worship setting. The desired applicant is someone who intentionally engages with The Crossing student community through their work and has a special care towards sacred worship yet an openness to creative worship experiences and liturgies.
This is a contract position, with required presence during worship on Sundays throughout the academic year from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m., and a stipend of $80 per Vespers service planned and led. Two Sundays off per semester, to be agreed between the Music Leader and the Executive Director, are guaranteed.
Detailed job description and contact information can be found here: Worship Music Leader
Interim Executive Director
The Crossing, an ecumenical campus ministry for the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the larger Madison area, seeks an experienced and enthusiastic leader to serve as Interim Executive Director for a period of approximately six months, beginning late summer 2017. This short-term position will focus on the area of fundraising and development, while providing day-to-day leadership to the organization and staff. Compensation is competitive and negotiable.
Requirements for the position:
- A Bachelor’s or equivalent degree; Master’s or graduate degree preferred
- Experience in development/fundraising with demonstrated results
- Respect for the practices, traditions, theology, and structure of The Crossing Campus Ministry
- Minimum of two (2) years of previous experience in a managerial capacity
- Previous campus ministry experience desired, but not required; ordination is not required for this position.
- Experience in personnel management, project/program management, and financial management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to interact effectively with students, staff, board members, donors, churches and denominations, the UW community, and the larger Madison community
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Social media proficiency with Facebook, Twitter
A full job description is available here: Interim Executive Director.
To apply for this position, please provide:
- A resume indicating past work experience.
- Three (3) references of persons you have worked with, along with the name and address of the organization, telephone number and email address (if available) for each person. At least one of these individuals must be a current and/or former manager or supervisor.
- A brief explanation (3–4 paragraphs) explaining your interest in working with The Crossing and your goals as the Interim Executive Director.
Submit resume and other application materials to Barbara Dick (email@example.com), president, The Crossing Board of Directors.
The Crossing celebrates and affirms students of every identity as they explore their spirituality in a constantly changing world. The Crossing is supported by the United Methodist, American Baptist, and United Church of Christ traditions, and welcomes students of diverse spiritual, religious, and non-religious backgrounds.